Thursday, March 4, 2010

'80s REMAKE TREND HITS ALL TIME LOW

Not content with me burning my Transformers, burying my G.I. Joes and surgically removing all fond memories of the Pink Panther, the trailer for the new A-Team movie hit the Internet recently. The film's due out worldwide in June and I still don't see the point. Then there's the equally ridiculous, childhood-memory-ruining trailer for Will and Jaden Smith's re-imagining of The Karate Kid. Even mom Jada Pinkett Smith got a producer credit. Coming soon, The Goonies, Short Circuit, MacGyver and Gremlins 3.

1. The A-Team: District 9's Sharlto Copely is Murdock, Liam Neeson's Hannibal, The Hangover's Bradley Cooper is Face and ex-UFC fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's playing BA. How can this be anything but terrible?




2. The Karate Kid: This one defies all logic. Will Smith's son Jaden's the kid, Jackie Chan's the karate and I'm throwing up all over my keyboard. To make matters worse, the film was directed by Pink Panther 2 director Harald Zwart. There is no God...

No comments:

Post a Comment