Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ISOCHRONOUS: TRANSMISSION





The blood-drenched freeway to Maritzburg is quiet – at one point, I have to swerve to avoid what looks like a torso in the road. I get into town around 9:30pm. Outside Red Door, a gaggle of car guards huddles around a crackling fire, like weary travelers trying to stay ahead of the mist. Nowhere on Earth feels quite like Pietermaritzburg.


For me, Red Door’s an uncomplicated jolt from the past. Its industrial setting and stark interior is classic late ‘90s alternative rock club chic. The vibe’s intimate and unpretentious. The kind of place that still plays Soundgarden, Nirvana and Black Sabbath. Durban band The Ranks are onstage as I walk in. I find out that I missed Thomas Krane, on first… Bummer. Click here to read the full story on Speakerbox.co.za.


Links:

Isochronous on MySpace
The Ranks on MySpace
Thomas Krane on MySpace

Isochronous
The Tempest
Directed by Brett de Vos



Isochronous
The Curve
Directed by Brett de Vos

No comments:

Post a Comment