Thursday, August 12, 2010

BILLY TALENT: THE BEST CURRIES OF MY LIFE




“Yusuf, come here!” shouts Tom the enthusiastic sound and lighting guy mid cable uncoil. “Remember that time you played me a Billy Talent demo, about five years ago? Now they’re here. Crazy.” “Oh cool, so did you get into them since then?” I asked. “No, not really. Do you think you could dig up and old Slayer demo and play that to me?”

Watching Canadian rock band Billy Talent soundcheck is an almost surreal experience. Here in South Africa, we’re starved of international touring bands. So every time a bunch of famous faces off MTV pop in to say hello, it’s kind of a big deal. You know, bands in their prime. Modern contemporaries. Not aging, middle of the road rockstars on their last legs.

I sat down with Billy Talent guitarist Ian D’Sa and bassist Jon Gallant before their Durban show at Wavehouse.

Biggest surprise so far?

Ian:
How amazing the food is. Best curries I’ve ever had in my life.

Click here to read the full interview on Channel24.com.
Click here for the gallery on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment