Tuesday, September 7, 2010

RENAISSANCE MAN: THE BUSY LIFE OF AN EWOK



I meet Ewok at Corner Café – literally, the wooden heart of Glenwood. He’s wearing a Wesley van Eeden T-shirt and dark shades. He couldn’t look any more “Durban” if he tried. Everyone knows him. From Nev the barber, to Jen the cappuccino waitron and John the chain-smoking lawyer.

For the past 10 years, Ewok’s kept himself busy. From hip-hop, graffiti and mural work, to stage acting, spoken word and poetry. In-between, he started Life Check and the annual All Elements Battle of the Year. And, as you’ll soon find out, one thing Ewok’s never short of is words.

What's new with Ewok?

Me and Veranda Panda – Liam from Spitmunky – just finished a recording project called Cats From Underdog Country. I just launched Pimp My Poetry. And myself, my wife Karen and Liam did a new show this year called Ewok Is Live! We took it to Grahamstown and we’ve been invited to the Uppsala International Poetry Festival in Sweden, which I’ve done a couple times…

Click here to read the full interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment