Monday, October 11, 2010

FROM PUGWALL TO BUGDUST: JASON TORRENS - THEN & NOW



So a friend and I were reminiscing the other day... Somehow we ended up talking about '90s Australian show Pugwall. Remember Pugwall? Peter Unwin George Wall? The Orange Organics? Jenny Fleet? Bazza and Orfo? Marmaloid? No?

"Who's Pugwall?"
"Just how old ARE you guys, exactly?"


Naturally, my first instinct was, "To the Wikipedia!"

I logged on, followed the links and braced myself for "Jason Torrens was an Australian actor..." Almost certain I'd click "Personal Life" and read of young Jason's tragic, premature demise.


But wait, young Jason didn't die in a blaze of drug-addicted glory the year Pugwall was yanked from circulation. He went on to star in Neighbours (compulsory for Australian actors) and Newlyweds (score!).

And check him out now, playing drums for Melbourne hard-rock band Bugdust. Not quite The Orange Organics, hey?

"The who?"

The Orange Organics!



There you go, random fact for the day. Anyone care? Nope!

Pugmania - "The only semi official Pugwall website"
Bugdust on MySpace



Bugdust
Remote Control

4 comments:

  1. I care!

    Pugwall could be the TV show to have the biggest impact on me as a kid! Every since those days I've carried The Organics' "Nobody tells me what to do" attitude with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about Pugwall until I came across an episode on YT by accident...Oh my God!!! I was transported back to wonderful memories when I was young.... extreme nostalgia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been playing the guitar for the last 25 years because of that show ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nostalgia, nostalgia, nostalgia the last time i saw this and heard the theme song was 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete