Friday, December 31, 2010

NOTHINGTON: ROADS, BRIDGES & RUINS



BYO Records

I'd always heard enough
about Nothington to know that I liked them. Interest sparked again when Cape Town rock band 7th Son mentioned they'd jammed with Nothington in Germany - I knew I'd get there in the end. And last weekend, finally, I found their latest album Roads, Bridges, & Ruins (2009) at Rounder Records in Brighton. And let's just say, it was worth the wait.

Look, no one's reinventing Axl Rose. It's all been done before. Some bands just do it better than others, with the lyrics and soul to back things up. Nothington are one of those bands: raw, energy-retained production, pop-punk hooks, burnt vocal chords and haunting melodies that reek of life on the road. Brilliant.

Fans of bands like Iron Chic, Hot Water Music, Leatherface, Dear Landlord and The Lawrence Arms, get in touch...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like they may just be my next favourite band! Just been sorting out my own blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Send me a link when you're up and running. You're going to love these guys.

    ReplyDelete